David C. Webster, AIA, LEED AP
David Webster, co-founder of PDT Architects, is deeply involved in planning and design for New England's urban and medical campus fabric. David has been on the board of GrowSmart Maine since 2012 and is currently immediate past chair.
His work incorporates his interest in design and its integration in building science, deep energy retrofits, historic preservation, and energy efficiency. Recent projects include renovations and energy upgrades at five New England VA Medical Centers, two downtown projects in Livermore Falls, and the conversion of a Saco industrial building into the OA Performance Center, a sports medicine/performance/physical therapy complex.
David has considerable expertise in projects involving multiple buildings and multiple architects and is a trained mediator and facilitator.
- Miami University, Oxford, OH, 1970
Bachelor of Architecture
- University of Southern Maine, 1995
Certificate in Mediation
Completed Facilitation Training
- Maine, #923; Connecticut; New Hampshire, #1031; Massachusetts, #4001
- NCARB Certificate, 1977, #19269
- LEED Accredited Professional, 2004
- Maine Hospital Association
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering of the AHA
- New England Healthcare Engineers Society
- Special Preservation Honor Award, Greater Portland Landmarks, 2007: Renovation of the U. S. Marine Hospital Campus >
- State Historic Preservation Honor Award, Maine Preservation, 2008: U. S. Marine Hospital >
Chair, 2015–17; Vice Chair, 2014–15; Board of Directors, 2012–present; GrowSmart Maine
Member and Past President, Maine Chapter, American Institute of Architects
Past Member, Advisory Board, Maine State Housing Authority
David has been on the board of GrowSmart Maine since 2012 and is the immediate past president.